Keane: I'm staying with Reds

Liverpool striker Robbie Keane claims he is ignoring the speculation surrounding hisfuture and insistshe will prove be a success at Anfield.

The Republic of Ireland international has found the net only twice in 15 Premier League appearances for the Reds since joining in a £20 million deal from Tottenham Hotspur in August.

Keane has failed to command a regular starting place in Rafael Benitez's side which has led to suggestions that he could be off- loaded in January-with a return to Spurs mentioned as a possibility.
however, the 28-year-old is determined to remain at Anfield and silence his doubters.

"I've only been here a few months but there's nothing I can do about speculation, that's all part and parcel of being a footballer," he told the club's official awebsite.

"If people want to create something that's not there it's up to them, but there's no question in my mind I will be a Liverpool player for a long time.
"People can write what they want and they can say what they want. They can keep writing but I'll be here past January. "I've only been here a few months and it takes a bit of time to settle into a new club. That's not an excuse but I deserve to be judged a little further down the line.
"I'm not being big headed but you don't score a lot of goals like I've done over the last 10 years and suddenly it just goes away, so I'm not worried about that."

No comments: